Here, we are going to explain to you about the Wahl 5 Star Magic Clip Review that how you can make your hair more attractive by using our products.
- 1 Wahl 5 Star Magic Clip Review
- 2 Wahl 5 Star Magic Clip Cordless Clipper Review – Product Overview
- 3 Wahl cordless Magic Clip vs Wahl cordless Designer
- 4 Wahl Magic Clip vs Wahl Senior
- 5 Wahl Magic Clip vs Super Taper
- 6 Wahl Magic Clip vs Sterling
- 7 PROS
- 8 CONS
- 9 Wahl 5 Star Magic Clip Review – Final verdict
Wahl 5 Star Magic Clip Review
If you’re going to pick the V9000 corded Magic Clipper or its unbelievable cordless version, you’ll be getting Wahl’s most extraordinary. Because it really has a wonderful result then you expect.
There are so many things to say about these two hair cutters. While in this Wahl 5 Star Magic Clip review we have to more concentrate on its cordless version on Amazon.com, so you can also check it out.
- Insight into which would be more suitable for you – corded or cordless
- Cordless Designer vs cordless Magic Clip and V9000 Clip vs senior’s examples.
This Wahl 5 Star Magic Clip article might look long but should cover most things that affect you.
I’ll be true. The cordless Magic Clips are up there at the peak of Wahl’s pro lineup for me, with my favorite 5-star Seniors:
|Wahl Clipper Elite Pro High-Performance Haircut Kit for men||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Wahl Professional 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clip Review||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Wahl Color Pro Complete Hair Clipper Kit Review||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Wahl Clipper Lithium-Ion Cordless Hair Clipper and Trimmer Review||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Wahl Professional 5-Star Balding Clipper Review||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Wahl Home Barber Kit #79524-3001 Review||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Wahl Professional Series Detailer Review||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Wahl Professional Super Taper II Hair Clipper #8470-500||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Wahl Professional Senior Clipper #8500||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Wahl Professional All-Star Clipper/Trimmer Combo||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
Wahl 5 Star Magic Clip Cordless Clipper Review – Product Overview
We are very excited to inform you that Wahl’s brand has been making its mark on the barbering industry since the early 1900s and day by day it continues to bring more innovative ideas to the for-front. For example, the Wahl 5-Star Magic Clip Cordless clipper that has taken the barber industry by the bid storm.
Might be you know that Wahl clippers are one of the most used clippers in the barbershop and suggested by numerous professional barbers. Although the Wahl 5-Star Magic Clip clippers are generally used cordless you still have the option of working the cord as well.
Due to the after that the Wahl 5-Star, Magic Clip Cordless clippers work on a Lithium battery they just need the power that clippers in the Wahl 5-Star series are known for. None the less, the Wahl 5-Star Magic Clip clippers work with the same accuracy as its predecessor: the Wahl 5-Star Seniors.
Some of the features of The Magic Clip are huge accuracy zero-overlap 2161 blades that give superior speed and smoothness of use, a taper lever for smooth blending, and a lithium-ion battery with a 90+ minute operating time when completely charged.
The corded (V9000) vs cordless 5 Star Magic Clip: The Perfect Reviews
While both hair cutters are below the same 5-star series – which secures top Wahl quality, there are quite a few various things to them.
And I’m not only addressing the cord-free vs wireless function. Dimensions are the first difference. The corded 5 star Magic Clip weigh is 1 lb and measures 6.5″. This wireless version cuts the weight with almost 40%.
Yes, the cordless Clipper weighs a mere 10 oz and its body is also smaller at 6.25″. The motor is another significant point. The corded cutter is available with Wahl’s most powerful V9000 electromagnetic motor.
It’s similar to the one you’d find in designs like the Wahl Seniors. Here’s a fast overview video of it:
The 5-star cordless Magic Clip, however, it really acts on a rotary motor. Yes, it isn’t as strong as the V9000. However, it works by causing less frantic blade movements. Rather, the blades move back and forth, parallel to each other.
Therefore the risk of blades getting misaligned is significantly reduced. Discussing the best Magic Clip blades, it’s really good to know how the two models differ here. The 5 star Magic Clip always comes with the 2-hole blade.
This is a fade-ready blade, likewise as the 5-star Seniors, with a zero-length feature added. Once again, it’s really good to see that the cordless Wahl Magic Clip takes another way.
Here, you have the #2161 stagger tooth, “crunch” blade. Blending close cuts with fabulous fading potential, it also enables for more free-range. I’d say it’s more accurate than the #2191 fade blade.
In terms of accessories, the clippers are equal. You’ll receive 8 Wahl protectors: from #1 to #8 (1/8″ to 1″), including the #1/2 and #1 1/2 (1/16″ and 3/16″ each, for blending/tapering/fading.) Guard #7 is not included in the bag.
However, you get clipper oil, a cleaning brush, and a blade protector.
In other words: We suggest the corded Clip if you need a traditional professional clipper on a tighter income. It’s excellent for bulk cutting and fades/tapering alike.
Still, the cordless 5 star Magic Clip is quite lightweight, has a much better stagger tooth blade and is way more mobile. It has a very good battery timing record more than 90 minutes, it features the last convenience.
Protip: we added the cordless 5 stars, Magic Clipper, in both our most reliable hairdresser clippers list, as well as our list with the most desirable cordless clippers. Let’s get to the Magic Clip cordless article itself.
In The Package
- Wahl 5-Star Magic Clip Clippers
- Recharging transformer 120V-60HZ
- 8 attachment combs, oil
- User Manuel
- Cleaning brush,
- Red blade guard
- Tube of Blade Oil
…is actually the wondrous combination of features it strings together excellently. Normally, clippers trade preference for power/performance. Not with this model.
As I said, the 5-star cordless Clip weighs only 0.62 lbs. That means surely no struggle on your hands, even after quite a several haircuts.
Flexibility matches functionality with the premium rotary motor. The difficulty with some electromagnetic motors (like the V9000 too) is that they make frantic movements. This both makes them heat up and puts some stress on the blades.
The cordless Magic Clipper’s rotary motor both very much secures the cooler running and the blades only move back and forth. With short abnormal movements, they are few prone to get wrong too.
Motor aside, the stagger-tooth crunch blade you have here is my favored Wahl blade model.
It not only guarantees high-quality fades but works exceptionally great on ethnic/curly hair. The #2161 crunch blade is Wahl’s highest masterpiece. You shouldn’t encounter any problems with gliding through any kind of hair with it.
Also Related Wahl clippers
- Wahl Bump Free Electric Shaver Review 2021 – Buyer’s Guide
- Top 5 Best Wahl Peanut Clipper Trimmer Reviews and Buyer Guide 2021
Complete freedom of movement on a high battery
You understand what makes a cordless clipper means – mobility, help, and making your haircut wherever you need. For every hairdresser, this indicates you don’t have to jump around complicated cords every time.
A usual problem with cordless cutters is only the battery charge. A number of companies will promise you great action for minutes upon minutes…And you’ll find your clipper choking after only several haircuts.
Once again, the 5-star cordless Magic Clip is not going to frustrate you. Its long-lasting Lithium-Ion battery holds a close to 90-minute charge. This is one of my preferred things when I relate it to the corded clip.
The battery life is a tremendous improvement on other wireless cutters on the modern market. The number of them is limited to 40 to 60-minute charges.
What’s more, the Clip charges very quickly. Around 3 to 4 hours and it’s up and working again.
Also, if it falls out on you, you can plug it and utilize it corded. Yes, it won’t ever, ever leave you hanging – if you’ve had terror stories with half your haircut done and a dead battery dying your dreams.
Shortcomings of the cordless Magic Clip
It’s hard to point out any serious problem with this machine. That said, the cordless Wahl Magic clip tends to suffer from a lack of decent torque from time to time.
The root is in its rotary motor, vastly changed to the corded version’s V9000 motor. What this efficiently means is that you might experience blade slowdowns on some unique occasions.
As long as you cut nicely and smoothly, though, you shouldn’t face any serious problems.
You also have to be a bit concerned with the Wahl 5 star Magic clip’s blade. Its great quality also means it can get sharp. You risk cutting yourself if you manage it lightly and choose to fully zero-gap it.
Nicking your skin is a possible situation if you don’t provide attention. However, this also holds correct for various other electric hair cutters. With the very good cordless Designer, you will have a Wahl’s #1005 universal blade.
I have to tell this again: this is one of the best professional Wahl clippers for newcomers.
Wahl cordless Magic Clip vs Wahl cordless Designer
There’s a significant difference between the cordless Magic Clip and the Designer: the blade.
You will have a universal blade with a cordless Designer.
While excellent for usual cuts, it won’t work as well as the Clip’s dedicated #2161 crunch blade with its zero extensions.
In other reports, with the Clip, you spend a little more in exchange for blade versatility. The Designer (our review here), while also sporting a magnificent body, doesn’t feel as strong.
Both clippers differ actually a bit with their design so it also depends whether you prefer Wahl’s typical chrome x burgundy 5-star mix or the Designer’s crimson looks. In both cases you’ll have 8 Wahl protectors, so you won’t need accessories.
You can compare the Magic Clip vs Wahl Senior is a 50/50 condition. The Seniors are very heavy-duty ready, and especially if you’re going to get the 5-star design evenly more suitable for fades. After all, they will hold the equal #2191 fade blade from Wahl.
As I stated, the corded V9000 Clip gives the same motor as the Senior clippers. But, the Seniors’ highly strong, metallic construction is a better option if you like heavier (1.3 lbs) clippers and increased protection.
This is particularly true if you go for the Reflections Senior on Amazon.com which scores the most powerful in terms of tight grip, overall feel, and sturdiness. However, it’ll be a bit more costly.
Wahl Magic Clip vs Wahl Senior
They are all professional hair clippers from the same brand, there are some notable differences as described in the table here:
Wahl Cordless Magic Clip
- It can be used more than 90 minutes but after a 120-minute charging period.
- It is available with 8 different attachment combs
Wahl Cordless Senior Clipper
- It can be used more about 70 minutes but after a 70-minute charging period.
- It is available with10 different attachment combs.
Wahl Magic Clip vs Super Taper
If you look at two professional cordless clippers, it’s hard to say the significant differences. But, that doesn’t mean they don’t exist!
1. Wahl Cordless Magic Clip
- Fairly more affordable than the super taper.
- Has 10 different guide combs.
2. Wahl Cordless Super Taper
- It’s more costly than the magic clip.
- Available with only 4 guide combs.
Wahl Magic Clip vs Sterling
Here you can see which one is better?
1. Wahl Cordless Magic Clip
- It’s really good if you want to do fades.
2. Wahl Professional Cord/Cordless Sterling 4
- Its #1005 can bedeem inferior to the #2161 magic clip blades
- It’s been amazing that these are professional-grade clippers they are also perfect for newcomers. The notches located near the flexible lever service as a guide, for making these clippers exceptional in fading and tapering. Once you become more relaxed with using these clippers you will not have to pay much attention to the notches as much.
- It’s quite lightweight in comparison to a lot of other brands
- Lithium-ion battery
- Durable plastic body
- Whal’s does not get hot very fast (unlike most clippers The Magic Clip does not produce a lot of heat during a haircut)
- Adjustable blade
- Trusted brand (Since the 1900s)
In Fact: The Wahl Clipper Corporation was started by Leo J Wahl in the early 1900s
Summary: the longevity of your clippers will entirely depend on how properly you maintain your clippers and blades.
- Out of the box, you may see that Wahl Magic Clip Clippers are unusually stiff when setting the lever. This is a general problem and can be fixed quickly and easily. We have mentioned that how to Fix: Using a flat screwdriver adjust the lever till it’s adjusted for your convenience and cutting technique. Do not harden too tight because that will make the lever not to function well.
- Lightweight, Actually these clippers are quite lightweight you risk the possibility of them slipping out of your hand. Of course, this can be the case with any brand clipper so just keep a firm grip well cutting your customer.
- Lack of power, We have seen that after the 6th or 7th haircut on cordless mode my clipper misses its speed. Even attaching the cord does support you may see a lack of speed and power. How to Adjust: You just need to give your clippers time to recharge for about an hour or more. Then it will work much longer time. It’s always in your most beneficial interest to have a backup pair of clippers despite which brand of clippers you have been using.
Wahl 5-Star Magic Clip Clipper Maintenance
- Oil blades from time to time
- Remove hair from the inside and outside usually
- Store in a secure place such as a Clipper Keeper
- Avoid dropping
Wahl 5 Star Magic Clip Review – Final verdict
As you have read before this Wahl 5 Star Magic Clip review, I’m a huge fan of this clipper design:
Very convenient to use, lightweight and ergonomic
It’s a really excellent quality in the crunch blade, rotary motor, with the lifetime battery.
Excellent for people just beginning out with cutting their own hair at home with clippers
Are you trying to find some flexible, simple on the hands and able of more serious haircutting, this is your pro haircutter of favorite.
There’s a major reason there are 5 stars in the Wahl 5 star Magic clip’s product by this name. Your life would be easier and unlock a lot of chances for doing quality haircuts at home.