You often don’t give attention to the hair on the back of your neck. It is because when you stand in front of the mirror to get ready for school, college or a business meeting you only see your front head area not the back of your neck. Things you don’t see, you think are not noticeable by others too. But it’s not like that because daily thousands of people see you from your back when you travel and they don’t find it pleasant when you have unmanaged hair at the back of your neck.
You have unmanaged and stubborn hair on the back of your neck then what should you do? Yes, you should consider a nearby salon to get the wax treatment to remove that unwanted hair. But you are afraid of wax and don’t want to spend hours in the salon for this small job to be done.
Then you need to follow this tutorial that will teach you how to shave the back of your neck? We will guide you through each simple step so that you get smooth and flawless the back of your neck.
- 1 Things you need to shave the back of your neck
- 2 Tips to get flawless back of the neck
- 3 How to shave your neck with a straight razor?
- 4 Here is a video tutorial on how to shave your neck with a straight razor (without a mirror)
Things you need to shave the back of your neck
- High quality back of neck trimmer or shaver
- Bathroom mirror
- A swing arm mirror
- Shaving foam(if you have sensitive skin)
Take your shirt out and stand in your bathroom keep the mirror at your back. In order to see the back of your head in the bathroom mirror, you need to use a swing arm mirror. Take a swing arm mirror and mount it in front of your face so that you could utilize both hands while shaving the back of your neck. Now you can see the back of your head in the bathroom mirror through the swing arm mirror mounted in front of your face.
Step-2 (draw a guideline)
Hold the trimmer or clipper with the blade teeth facing your neck parallel to the floor. Start shaving the back of your neck with a straight guideline horizontally. You need to draw this line close to the bottom of your natural hairline or remember the last haircut when making this guideline.
Now you need to shave the back of the neck below the guideline and for this change the position of the trimmer. Now hold the back of the neck trimmer with the blades facing the neck in an upward direction normal to the floor. Now shave your back of the neck in vertical hair sections starting from the bottom to the guideline.
Step-4(rounding the edges)
If you like round shape then this step is for you. To achieve a rounded look you need to shave all the corners behind your ear carefully. You can also clean the leftovers behind your ears to have a more flawless and clean look.
Tips to get flawless back of the neck
- Always invest in a high-quality professional hair trimmer designed for the back of neck hair. Because some shavers are just designed for your beard and not suitable for the back of the neck. Therefore you must go to buy one with professional features that support the back of the neck area.
- When choosing a trimmer for the back of neck hair then you must go with a cordless trimmer. A cordless trimmer is easy to use and you don’t have to deal with a tangled cord while shaving the back of your neck.
- You can hold the front mirror in your hands but I strictly recommend you take a swing arm mirror and mount it on the wall. In this way, you can utilize your both hands to get the job done with comfort.
- If you are a person with sensitive skin then make sure to grab a trimmer with a wet option that allows you to use it on wet skin. Other than a wet option, grab a trimmer designed with hypoallergenic blades to achieve safe and smooth neck shaving.
How to shave your neck with a straight razor?
If you don’t want to invest in an expensive trimmer and want to achieve a clean and clear back of the neck with a straight razor then this section is for you.
Things you need to shave your neck with a straight razor
- A straight razor
- Shaving foam/cream
- Bathroom mirror
- A swing arm mirror
Stand in your bathroom having the bathroom mirror at your back. Take a swing arm mirror and mount it in front of your face so that you see back of the neck in the swing arm mirror through the bathroom mirror.
Apply the shaving foam and hold the straight razor pointing the direction parallel to the floor. Holding the razor draw a guideline below your natural hairline.
Not start shaving the back of your neck with a straight razor in an upward direction starting from the bottom to the guideline. Shave the back of the neck in small vertical sections.
Once you complete the shaving process you need to wipe the foam off to see the results. If you want a rounded shape then take the straight razor and shave all the corners. You can also shave the leftovers behind your ear to obtain a more professional look.