Everyone loves to have pets at home and wants to adopt their favorite animals as a pet like dogs, cats, birds (parrot, pigeon, falcon, etc), pandas, etc.
Most people have a crush on Shih Tzu that is a very cute dog and considered a very humble pets. Grooming Shih Tzu at home is everyone’s dream because of his/her cuteness, attraction, charming & pretty look.
But it is not as easy as you think because Shih Tzu is considered a very sensitive animal and demands heavy responsibilities. If you are a responsible person and really think that you can take care of Shih Tzu better like a baby, then you can afford him/her.
Similarly, if you think that you can take responsibility for two or more Shih Tzu, it all depends on your passion, love, and cute bond with animals.
But Shih Tzu wants to care, attraction, healthy food, an awesome & fresh environment, love, etc. In the category of care, you need to give priority to good food for your pet, proper haircut, nail cut, bath, etc.
For good care of Shih Tzu, we have decided to provide informative content that will help you to take care of your pet by providing him/her with all the needy things.
So, this content will be helpful for you to take care of your Shih Tzu better than before. So, let’s get started with further discussion.
- 1 Grooming Shih Tzu At Home
- 2 Shih Tzu Haircuts
- 3 How to Puppy Cut a Shih Tzu at home?
- 4 Tips and Techniques to a puppy cut a Shih Tzu
- 5 2: Shih Tzu Teddy Bear Haircut
- 6 3: The Lion Haircut
- 7 Conclusion
Grooming Shih Tzu At Home
Grooming Shih Tzu at home is a very responsible job and you need to learn before adopting a pet. In his/her care category, the most important thing is the haircut. The bath, nail cut, feed, everything is easy but the haircut can be done by a professional.
So, if you are not an expert in Shi Tzu hair cutting, then you should learn before everything. So, that’s why we are going to explain Cutting Shih Tzu’s Hair and you can’t ignore it.
So many tips, techniques, and amazing points will be considered in this content. So, just read and enhance your knowledge+skills.
Shih Tzu Haircuts
The haircut and style depend on your likes or dislikes. If you have a creative mind, then you can use your skills and cut Shih Tzu’s hair amazingly. The cutting method is very simple and you can easily cut your Shih Tzu’s hair at home.
Just you need to arrange some clippers, trimmers, or other accessories that will be used during the cutting. You should arrange a complete kit that will be used to cut or trim the Shih Tzu’s hairs. Let’s see the required accessories.
- A brush with adjustable pins
- An artful/slicker brush
- A fine comb (made for dogs)
- Dog Clippers
- Non-Slip Mat
- Hair Dryer
All these items will be used for better care of Shih Tzu and you can use them before haircut or during the haircut. The clippers, trimmers, or scissors will be used for the perfect haircut.
You can also use an electric clipper that will help to cut your Shih Tzu’s ears quickly and perfectly. But if you haven’t try to cut your puppy’s hairs at home, or not a good hairstylist, then you have three common haircuts.
You can pick randomly any haircut and start your Shih Tzu’s cutting. These 4 common haircuts are as follows:
1: Shih Tzu Puppy Cut
The puppy hair cut on Sih Tzu looks cute, pretty, and attractive. This haircut or hairstyle is also known as the summer cut because all the hair trims from the Shih Tzu’s body.
This haircut changes the look of Shih Tzu but there are many benefits. Such as the puppy haircut helps to groom your Shih Tzu faster than before. He/she feels good and free in this simple+cute hairstyle.
You can cut this haircut after three months but be careful because Shih Tzu doesn’t bear the sunburn. You need to cut puppy hairs two inches from the length.
This haircut is easy and very simple for everyone. Moreover, you need to use a good trimmer for puppy haircuts and also brush daily to keep Shih Tzu’s hairs clean.
How to Puppy Cut a Shih Tzu at home?
You need to learn some tips and instructions for a perfect puppy haircut. For a puppy haircut, you need to have some essentials, these are as follows:
- Dog comb
- Dog clippers
- Scissors and trimming shears
- Dog shampoo and conditioner
Shampoo your Dog
Before starting a puppy’s hair cut, you should shampoo his/her hair and then use a hair dryer and comb to dry hair. Now the next step and start jump to cutting.
Set Up in a Good Location
The hair cutting off a dog or any other pet, would be a messy project to minimize the mess, you should pick a spot that can easily sweep your Shih Tzu moreover, you need a surface to place your dog for comparability it is necessary, because of your dog is not a comfortable place, it may harm him/her.
Hence, you should use a plastic sheet or a mat down under the grooming area. This with help your dog to b safe and also help to clean the mess quickly.
Brush the Hairs of Your Dog
Before trimming or cutting the hairs of Shih Tzu, you have to brush all the hairs.
Use a Good Blade
A good blade matters a lot longer because it will give the perfect cut you want. Also, it will help to save your dog from any danger or damage.
Tips and Techniques to a puppy cut a Shih Tzu
- You need to hold your dog gently and make him/her feet relax.
- Now you can take scissors and start cutting from the face.
- At first, you can give a rough cut that will cut all the unwanted long hairs and the length of hairs will be less.
- Now you can start giving a proper puppy shape from the chin. If you want for down to one to two inches long, then you can easily do it.
- Also, you need to avoid cutting the for on the tail, ears, and head. Because these points need more focus and care.
- If you are feeling that the electric clipper has started to burn, it may burn the skin of the dog.
- Always use a longer blade on the dog’s head because it will give a perfect haircut without any issue.
2: Shih Tzu Teddy Bear Haircut
The teddy bear cut for your puppy is most amazing and also it is common everywhere. This haircut will give a cute, attractive, and charming look to your Shih Tzu.
Moreover, it will be perfect for the summer season and your puppy will feel good. The weight of your hair will be less and it help to give a healthy lifestyle to your Shih Tzu.
If you really like the teddy bear cut and want to cut your puppy’s hair also in this style, then you need to do some effort. You can cut your puppy’s hair at home without any help.
You can learn the Cutting Shih Tzu hair from our web page and then apply the instructions, tips, and easy methods to make your puppy cuter than before.
Before cutting, you have to go for a puppy’s bath and use his/her special products. Also, collect some essentials that will be used in the Teddy bear haircut. These essentials are as follows:
- Good Clippers
- Shears for best results
- Blunted Scissors for trimming
- Cotton Swabs
Tips and Method to Teddy Bear Cut a Shih Tzu
- You can start teddy bear cut on your Shih Tzu from the head. You can use scissors and start cutting Shih Tzu hair without any fear. During facial hair cutting, you need to use your fingers and keep them firmly. This will help to avoid any eye or skin damage and also will help to give a good look to your puppy.
- Slowly, you can come to the chin and also keep your fingers to give a perfect shape like a teddy bear. Always avoid putting pressure on the chin because your Shih Tzu will be disturbed and create problems. Hence, you can start trimming from the ears and then move to the chin.
- After the head, now it’s time to move to the chest area of your puppy. Hence, you can use ¾ inch clipper that will cut the chest hairs perfectly without any damage. If you use another size of the clipper, then the results of teddy bear cutting will not perfect as you want.
- Now you can move to the torso and use a ½ inch clipper size. As it is a very small area of Shih Tzu, you have to keep an eye on your puppy’s skin.
- In the end, you can move to the legs of your Shih Tzu and start cutting long hairs. After this, you can use a 1 ¼ inch clipper and cut the hairs gently. You should leave longer hairs on the legs because they will help your puppy avoid skin damage.
3: The Lion Haircut
Take some essentials for the grooming lion haircut of your Shih Tzu. Then start the cutting procedure step by step. Lion haircut is very simple and easy for everyone and it will give an attractive look to your Shih Tzu.
Before cutting the hairs, you should need to shampoo your Shih Tzu’s hairs and also use a hairdryer. After this, you can use a comb on all body parts and make your Shih Tzu feel relaxed.
This haircut has so many benefits for your Shih Tzu, such as:
- The lion haircut will be suitable for coat types
- This hairstyle is perfect for swimming and your puppy will easily swim in the pool.
- It can help Shih Tzu to feel relaxed in hot weather.
- Your puppy will enjoy this cut because of fewer hairs weight.
Let’s start the cutting with special tools.
1: You can take start from the body for a lion haircut on Shih Tzu. Take a good blade with the awesome and perfect length for a body shave. You have to shave all the body of your Shih Tzu including the fore-skull, chest, legs, and bottom One-Two inches in length.
Similarly, short hairs are also good in hot weather because short body hair keeps them more active and cool. Always keep an eye on hair’s length because the shortness of hair may damage the dog’s body.
Also, the sunburn may harm their skin, so you need to cut their hair perfectly as an expert.
2: Now you can come to the head part of your Shih Tzu and use a scissor to cut hairs perfectly. As you have selected the lion cut, you have to give it a shape during cutting.
Hence, you have to give the three-five inches in length that will be suitable the most. Also, you can find out the suitable length of head hairs that will give a perfect lion look to your puppy.
Always avoid the shave or short length of hair on the head, because it will not suitable according to your selected style. Always avoid to shave all the hair at once because it will be a worse idea.
As little change on the face/head will entirely change the appearance of the dog, the stupidity will ruin your wish and puppy’s look. So, you should focus and give a perfect look.
3: Now come to the tail of your Shih Tzu and use a good blade for tail shaving. Also, you can use scissors and easily cut the three-five inches in a high length. This nice cut depends on your focus, interest, and confidence.
So, don’t lose your confidence during Cutting Shih Tzu Hair and give a perfect lion look to your puppy. Because there is no chance to ruin the look of the puppy and create an embarrassing situation.[su_panel background=”#F6F6F6″]
Cutting Shih Tzu Hair is an easy task and you can also follow awesome and helpful methods to cut your puppy’s hair perfect as you want. You just need to learn some techniques and tips that will help you to cut your puppy’s hair like an expert.
You have no need to go for professionals because this job or project is very simple. We have provided some essentials or tools that will help to cut your puppy’s hair at home.
The three common haircuts are explained well and also the method is provided. So, now there is no chance to make your puppy ugly because you have to take care and focus on his/her health.[/su_panel]